These reports were run on Dad and Sons Plumbing in Denton, Tx. The Ranking Report will show where Dad and Sons Plumbing website is showing up in response to specific search phrases entered into the search engines. These search phrases were selected using the Google Keyword Planning Tool. The keywords have been sorted by their suggested bid value because this is a good indication of the buying intent.
I found two search phrases where Dad and Sons Plumbing appear in the Snack Pack. “24 hour plumber near me” and “affordable plumbing“. The screen shot below is the result of a user in Denton searching for “affordable plumbing“. If 100 users made that search it is estimated that 44% of them will click one of the three businesses in the Snack Pack. Only 8% will click on More Places. So for the two search phrases, “24 hour plumber near me” and “affordable plumbing“, Dad and Sons Plumbing are doing well.
But what about all those other searches?
Lets look at the keywords used in this report.
[google-drive-embed url=”https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JAPZtrNkkI1KcyCZ3Zb1q_8vjOXnbgHCiQDX5rhLgUo/preview?usp=drivesdk” title=”Plumber – Dad and Sons Plumbing” icon=”https://drive-thirdparty.googleusercontent.com/16/type/application/vnd.google-apps.spreadsheet” width=”100%” height=”250″ style=”embed”]
I marked in bold the two search phrases that Dad And Sons Plumbing showed up in the Snack Pack. Those with nothing next to them mean Dad and Sons Plumbing wasn’t even in the top 50 (first 5 pages). I wouldn’t count much on people looking for plumbing services to use the maps search function. If they did, they probably would only go for the top three results.
[google-drive-embed url=”https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6hfZ5PrrMKdnI3T0RwUFZ0NDA/preview?usp=drivesdk” title=”rank-checker-dad-and-sons-plumbing-2017-jun-18.pdf” icon=”https://drive-thirdparty.googleusercontent.com/16/type/application/pdf” width=”100%” height=”400″ style=”embed”]
The Keyword Ranker reveals that Dad and Sons is ranking well on two keywords, but they are missing out on thousands of monthly searches.
Google My Business Report
The GMB report does two things for us. First it will give us a good look at the health of the GMB listing. In this case Dad and Sons look good. Next, it will show us the top 10 listings for 5 different keywords and where Dad and Sons stand among them. I chose “24 hour plumber near me”, “affordable plumber”, “plumbers in denton” and “emergency plumber” for Dad and Sons GMB report.
[google-drive-embed url=”https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw6hfZ5PrrMKRTlHRHRTdW5kelE/preview?usp=drivesdk” title=”google-my-business-dad-and-sons-plumbing-2017-jun-18.pdf” icon=”https://drive-thirdparty.googleusercontent.com/16/type/application/pdf” width=”100%” height=”400″ style=”embed”]
Right now Dad and Sons Plumbing is doing well on 2 of 30+ profitable search terms. That is leaving money on the table. Dad and Sons Plumbing is only being considered by 7% of the people searching for plumber services in Denton because the the other 93% are using search phrases that they are not showing up on.
These reports are not subjective, they show the actual results of local searches for the search terms that were researched with Google Adwords Keyword Planner. SEM, Search Engine Marketing, is a science of metrics. Ignoring it costs more than employing it.
As I write this my Local SEO expertise has not been retained by any Plumbers in the Denton area. If another Plumber in the area retains my services then I will only be able to give DYI (do it yourself) information at the schedule Q&A work shops to avoid a conflict of interest.